My pictures of the event can be seen on my Smugmug page: http://mlwash.smugmug.com/gallery/6573530_VjaLs#418504358_8Ev7S
Winners included the following:
- Inventor of the Year Award: Inventor - Beacon Biotechnology Team; Company - Beacon Biotechnology - Beacon’s BrightSPOT Reader, a hand-held device to provide instant diagnoses of any disease imaginable.
- Consumer Product of the Year Award: Company - re-thought; Inventor, Robert Irwin; BioHAWT - A biomimetic horizontal axis wind turbine designed for power generation
- Commercial Product of the Year Award: Company - VanDyne SuperTurbo; Inventor - Ed VanDyne; Fuel efficiency device called a SuperTurbocharger, designed to increase fuel efficiency by 25%
- Software Product of the Year Award: Company - Alchemy Grid - Inventor, Elliot Turner - Orchestr8 transforms the way you distribute and consume Internet content
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Philip Hartman (Age 14); Company - Fiberlight Int'l;
- Honorable Mention Award: Company - Smart Lid; Inventor - Bill Miller;
- Honorable Mention Award: Company - ET Squared; Inventor - Pete Tovani; Product to mitigate the negative impact of Human Beings on planet Earth.
- Honorable Mention Award: Company - Think Like a Genius; Inventor - Todd Siler, Ph.D.; Three dimentional imagination tool for bringing new ideas to life
- Honorable Mention Young Entrepreneur Award: Company - Kyle Invent; Inventor - Kyle Myhra; Spot Sucker stain remover technology